Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This is really something different for me!!!

What I love about this time of year is that I have the time to experiment with different kinds of paintings. My husband is a very active hunting enthusiast.  So, last weekend we visited a skull mount taxidermist. While, my daughter Autumn was picking up her mount. I wondered around a bit.  I found it very interesting seeing all the skulls there lined up together by species. It was just amazing to me to see how alike they were but, at the same time so different and intricate. Each hole and curve of the bone has a reason. Once again, the organic line is hard at work everywhere. I created this little piece to remember my day.






6 comments:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I'm your newest follower Kori. You do beautiful work! Wish I could paint with talent like that.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind words. Nice to meet you and welcome to the blog!
Blessings,
Kori

I hate to cook! said...

cool idea...I love the O'Keefe pieces that incorporated cow skulls...did you have to treat the bone or just paint right on it...just curious....it is amazing the things one can paint on.

Kori Vincent "Painting Primitives" said...

It was cleaned and bleached already. I just put a primer down where I was going to paint it. I thought it was a lot better just to leave the rest of the bone natural. I will finish it with a sealer.
I really love the the way that it just sits up so nicely, like it was meant to be displayed.
The whole time I was at the taxidermist I kept thinking of Georgia O'Keefe. I wanted to paint one with just roses but, my hubby wanted to see a wildlife piece.

Firecracker Kid said...

Well, I would say you can paint on anything. Nicely done:)
Carol

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Kori fo rbuying one of my angels. I thought paypal had gone funny again. Its ok about the postage, my hubby is posting through where he works and only costs a couple of pounds.
Should come fairly quickly.
Huge huge and thank yo again!
Julie